Clerk to Governors
CLERK TO GOVERNORS
Newton Abbot College and Dawlish College Local Academy Committee
Estuaries Trust is seeking a Clerk to the Governors for two of the schools within our Trust, Newton Abbot College and Dawlish College. The postholder will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to the Local Academy Committee (LAC) on governance, constitutional and procedural matters by ensuring compliance with the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation, other relevant polices and structures.
The postholder will be responsible to the Chair of the LAC and will contribute towards the efficient functioning of the LAC and its committees by providing:
- Effective administrative and organisational support.
- Facilitate effective and efficient meetings, advising and guiding on procedural matters relating to compliance to ensure that the LAC works within the appropriate legal and regulatory framework.
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements observing confidentiality where necessary.
- Work in a team with the Trust and Academy Clerks to ensure consistently excellent practice and communication between the Trust Board and the Local Academy Committees.
The successful candidate will be:
- Highly organised, reliable, flexible and self-motivated.
- A good communicator.
All Estuaries Trust schools form a wider family with a vision of inspiring excellence through collaboration.
Estuaries Trust is an inspiring place to work with staff who are dedicated to increasing opportunities, maximising outcomes and improving the life chances of all pupils and families that we serve, and to nurture, develop and grow the talent of staff.
Details available on the College website www.nacollege.devon.sch.uk. Only applications submitted on the Estuaries application form will be considered. Tel: 01626 367335. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8th October 2021 at noon
Interview date: w/c 18th October 2021