Clerk to Governors
Clerk to Governors
Local Academy Committee
Estuaries Trust is seeking a Clerk to the Governors for three of the schools within our Trust, Newton Abbot College, Dawlish College and Starcross Primary School. We welcome applications to Clerk for one, two or all three of the Local Academy Committees.
The breakdown of hours is:
Dawlish College – 190 hours per annum (5 hours a week), 38 weeks a year
Newton Abbot College – 190 hours per annum (5 hours a week), 38 weeks a year
Starcross Primary School – 152 hours per annum (4 hours a week), 38 weeks a year
The postholder will be responsible for providing advice and guidance to the Local Academy Committee (LAC) on governance, constitutional and procedural matters by ensuring compliance with the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation, other relevant polices and structures.
The postholder will be responsible to the Chair of the LAC and will contribute towards the efficient functioning of the LAC and its committees by providing:
- Effective administrative and organisational support.
- Facilitate effective and efficient meetings, advising and guiding on procedural matters relating to compliance to ensure that the LAC works within the appropriate legal and regulatory framework.
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements observing confidentiality where necessary.
- Work in a team with the Trust and Academy Clerks to ensure consistently excellent practice and communication between the Trust Board and the Local Academy Committees.
The successful candidate will be:
- Highly organised, reliable, flexible and self-motivated.
- A good communicator.
All Estuaries Trust schools form a wider family with a vision of inspiring excellence through collaboration.
Estuaries Trust is an inspiring place to work with staff who are dedicated to increasing opportunities, maximising outcomes and improving the life chances of all pupils and families that we serve, and to nurture, develop and grow the talent of staff.
Completed applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 8th December 2021 at noon
Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date, Estuaries Multi Academy Trust reserves the rights to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made. Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply early.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.